To begin the process of ordination by Messenger Fellowship you must be referred/sponsored by a Messenger Ordained Senior Pastor/Leader.
Messenger Fellowship recognizes and affirms the ministry credentials of its Associates through denominations and other leader fellowships.
Messenger’s ordination is a practical service to those who are walking in relationship as an Associate and have the need for it. To be ordained through Messenger, an ordained Messenger Associate must sponsor the Associate applying for ordination, vouching for their character, the health of their relationships, their training and ministry. This sponsor commits to walk in on-going relationship with the one applying for ordination. Several other qualified references are also required.
Should the prospective ordained not have had formal training, Messenger will provide the appropriate gateways to provide the training, at a cost to the one desiring to be ordained, to assist them in the training process.
It is important to note that Messenger does not provide many of the services of denominations or such as education, insurance or organizational mailing lists. If inquiries are made, the Messenger office will affirm the ordination status and then give the name of the Messenger Associate who sponsored the ordained.
Steps to Ordination:
1. Become a Messenger Associate – Complete an application and complete any necessary Leadership Training.
2. Find a Sponsor – Talk with a Messenger Associate who knows you well and can vouch for your character, the health of your relationships, your training and ministry.
3. Apply for Ordination – As an Associate, apply by filling out the forms provided through the Messenger office or online at the Messenger website. Candidates will be evaluated by members of the Board of Governors or by a committee relating to the office of the President. A response will be given within 60 days of receiving the completed application. Your sponsor will be interviewed, and your references will be checked. Send in the annual Ordination Fee of $290 ($125 for association and $165 for ordination) with the application.
4. Receive Training – If you have not graduated from a ministry training school, seminary or the equivalent, you will be required to complete an ordination course designed by the Messenger leadership. This training can be done out of your home and in the context of your ministry.
5. Be Commissioned – Associates are ordained and honored publicly each year at a local, regional or national Messenger event. An Ordination Certificate is provided to the ordained following the public commissioning.
* Please note that first-time ordination applicants must have a minimum of two years experience in full-time ministry and be recommended for ordination by a Board member . If you do not currently meet this qualification you will be issued a license to practice ministry until the two year minimum requirement is met.